The Horam Bowling Club was established in 1951 as Village Bowling Club and although it has grown since those early days it has still retained its friendly Village atmosphere and is a highly respected club. The Club is responsible for the administration of the Lawn Bowls Horam League, which at the time of writing has twelve fellow members.
The Horam league was started in 1977 with the prime objective of raising monies for the Eastbourne Blind Bowling Club who at that time needed a new Mini Coach, Clubs within the area were asked to form the league and proceeds would go to this project. The League was formed and the trophy is named the Blackford Cup after the two Horam Members whose idea it was. Several of the clubs are still in the league today and Horam still play the Eastbourne Blind Bowling Club with the proceeds raised gifted to them.
In 1997 the Bowling Green was extended creating an extra rink, also around this time funds were obtained for a new pavilion and building work commenced in the same year, with the opening ceremony taking place in July 1998.
On completion of the pavilion it was decided to form a Short Mat Section with two teams the Canons and the Gunners, both teams entered the Wealden League, however, today we enter only the one team in this league.
From these rudimentary beginnings the fine present day facility has grown.